This is the view we had while sleeping out under the bandstand in Dungarvan on the first night of the 32-32-32 penalty kick challenge in aid of the Simon Communities of Ireland. Abbeyside Parish Church down by the seafront in Abbeyside mainly consists of a relatively new Church dating from 1820, but is attached to an original 15th century monastery tower. The tower was part of an original Augustine Monastery and the ruins of the chancel of the monastery branch out from the tower towards the sea, perpendicular to the 19th century church building. The chancel itself dates from the 13th century with the tower being added later. Today the church serves as the main church for the parish of Abbeyside/Ballinacourty.